Food Vendor information and registration
What is Fiestaval?
Fiestaval is a 3-day free multicultural arts and entertainment festival highlighting the Latin American Culture. Central to its distinction is that Fiestaval is a free, family-oriented alternative for celebrating multicultural arts and entertainment in Calgary.
Fiestaval will take place in the heart of downtown Calgary at the Calgary Olympic Plaza on July 20 , 21 and 22 2018.
How long is the event?
Three days, July 20 (Friday) opening ceremonies from 11:30am to 1:30pm and from 4:00pm to 11:00pm (please be advice that we will not be programming the stage from 1:30pm to 4:00pm but you can choose to sell during those times) Saturday July 21 from 11:00am to 11:00pm and Sunday July 22 from 11:00am to 9:00pm
How many people will attend?
Depending on the weather; approximately 60,000 people are expected.
What is provided when I rent a booth?
* A banquet-sized table approximately 8 feet by 2 feet and a 3 compartment sink. (You might have to share the sink with the food vendor next to you).
* Access to a water source and up to 4 electricity outlets -110 Volts – if you required more than 4 outlets and additional $50 dollars will be charge per outlet (remember you need one outlet per appliance)
* We allow a 10 x 13 foot space; you must operate within this space; if you use more space than what you bought you will be charged $100 per square foot.
How will I know where my table will be located?
We will try to honor your particular space request. However we will place your booth based on other products being sold, flow, and crowd management.
Does the Festival rent kitchen equipment or festival supplies for me?
We will provide you with a 3 compartment sink and one table. All other kitchen equipment you must provide yourself.
At what time I am supposed to set up my booth?
Food Vendors can set up their booth anytime between 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm on Thursday July 20. Vehicle access will be permitted only from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm on Thursday. Vehicle access means drop off only; if you fail to remove your vehicle out of the plaza within 20 minutes after your arrival, you will loose 100% of your security deposit, and you won’t be welcome in future years.
Food Vendor Requirements
* The vendor is required to clean up a 10×10 foot area around their table and dispose of any garbage into the dumpsters in storage area only. (with your registration you will receive a map and clear instructions about garbage management) The event garbage cans are for attendees use.
* Upon Registration we will be collecting a $100 security deposit from all food vendors in case of damage to the plaza i.e. grease stains, burns, grass damage, garbage removal fees, or failure to comply with any of the festival rules; security deposits will be returned within a month after the festival.
* You MUST provide a 30 pound weight for each leg of for your tent or you will be not allowed to set up.
* All 10×10 tents must have proof of fire retardancy ULSC 109 via tag or certificate; otherwise the City of Calgary Fire Department will not permit you to set up. Call 311 for full details on City of Calgary Fire Department requirements for 10×10 tents
* Every Food vendor must have solid matting or a surface under the entire area of their 10×13 booth to prevent stains to the plaza from spillage, as well you must provide garbage receptacles by your booth for waste from your products sold. We will use your security deposit to pay for the removal of any stains to your area and in case garbage removal is required
* New this year is that every food vendor must have a “standard” and a “k-class” fire extinguisher, They are available for purchase or rent at “Sprouse Fire and Safety”.
Vendors are responsible for:
1. Completing and returning the Food Vendor Application Forms to the festival, one (1) month prior to the proposed Special Event or Trade Show.
* Please note that we will not accept any applications after Friday June 20th
* No additions/changes will be allowed 15 business days or less prior to the event.
* Fiestaval Latin Festival will be collecting the completed form for submission to Alberta Health Services
2. Complete and return the Permission to Use an Approved Food Establishment Form to Alberta Health Services
3. Vendor must ensure that:
* Requirements for special events & trade shows are followed.
* Food storage temperature records are kept and recorded once every two (2) hours.
* Their food booth is set up and ready for inspection by a Public Health Inspector no less than one (1) hour before the special event is scheduled to start, in accordance with the Provincial Food Regulation.
* The disposal of any liquid or solid waste is in the locations designated by the event organizer.
* Only potable water is used (water that is safe for human consumption).
* If you are a food preparation vehicle or cart with a holding tank you must have satisfactory bacteriological test results from a Provincial Laboratory submitted within the last thirty (30) days.
* At least one food handler in charge must have successfully completed one safe food handling course provided by or satisfactory to AHS Environmental Health Food Handling Courses.
* Notify the event organizer of any changes or additions to the original application no later than (15) days prior to the date of the event.
* Follow the Approval Inspection Checklist for Special Events & Trade Shows to ensure that everything is in place.
* Every vendor must use compostable food ware including cutlery. Styrofoam is not allowed. For more information about this please call us if needed.
What happens if it rains during the weekend?
We go rain or shine!
Each space is 10’x13’, and we provide an 8’ x 2’ banquet table, access to a source of water, 3 compartment sink (that might be shared with the both next to you) and electricity.